Please take the time to review the following information:
Nipper Board Hire will be on Friday 13th October at the club rooms from 5pm on-wards. First come first served.
You must fill out and agree to the Nipper Board Hire Agreement.
NIPPER PROFICIENCY SWIMS
Nippers age groups 8-13 (under 7’s are exempt) must complete a proficiency swim for their age group on
Sunday 15 October or Sunday 22 October, 9am-11am
100 Stephenson Ave,Mount Claremont WA 6010
Please bring correct pool entry of $4.00
|Age Group||Participation Skill Evaluation|
|Under 7||Not applicable|
|Under 8||25 metre swim (any stroke) – 1 minute survival float|
|Under 9||25 metre swim (any stroke) – 1 minute survival float|
|Under 10||25 metre swim (any stroke) – 1½ minute survival float|
|Under 11||50 metre swim (freestyle) – 2 minute survival float|
|Under 12||100 metre swim (freestyle) – 2 minute survival float|
|Under 13||100 metre swim (freestyle) – 3 minute survival float|
Before a Nipper can participate in water activities they must have either completed a Proficiency swim or provided the Age Manager with a letter from a licensed swim teacher confirming that the participant can meet the minimum requirements as set out by SLSA.
These requirements are set out in the City of Perth SLSC Juniors Nippers Hand Book 2017/18 and must be incorporated in the letter.
Parents, for your nippers to be able to participate in any carnivals our club needs to provide officials to help with the smooth running of the events.
To become an official it will require you to attend a morning course with Surf Lifesaving – Date TBC.
Please note, there will be a small cost for this qualification.
If this is something you think you would like to take part in, can you please message Tamsyn Young on email@example.com with your contact details.
If we do not provide Officials then we will not be able to attend the carnivals.
SLSWA Level 1 Officials Course:
SLSWA will be running Level 1 Official Courses as part of the continuing development of members.
Please be advised that the following details are for your information only and should not be taken as a recommendation.
The following outlets have softboards available for purchase:
- Kracka Nipper Foamie – $495 – Suitable for competition (NSW) http://www.krackasurfcraft.com.au/Our-Boards/Nipper-Foamies
- Dolphin Nipper Foamie $475 – Suitable for competition (QLD) http://www.dolphinsurf.com.au/foam-nipper-board
- Katana ‘Kirra’ 6’2 Foamie $200 – Good beginners board (Perth) http://katanasurf.com/579-2/
- Bennett Beginner – $279 (Sydney) // Bennett Softboard – $379 (Sydney) http://bennettsurfboards.com/product-category/surf-life-saving/soft-boards/
- Slipstream Nipper Board – (NSW) http://slipstreamsurf.com.au/boards/foam-nipper-boards/
- Demon Foamie $420 (Perth) http://www.nipperboards.com.au/foamies.html
- Hydro Kirra Surf 6’2” $210 (Perth) – also 4’10” and 5’5” available
- Valid Softboards (Kelvin Bishop – Club Member) 9445 3100