So you want to represent the club in competition?
For Seniors follow these simple steps!
Nipper competitors follow Step 2 for Payment and Step 3 advise your Age Manager.
1. Check Eligibility
Up to date competitions hours: Patrol Hours Competition as at 4 January 2017
To compete at Senior carnivals and events through the season you must:
- Not be Down Hours on patrol
- Be Financial (i.e. have paid your fees) and Registered (i.e. signed a registration form)
- U/14 & U/15 : SRC & Proficient
- U/17, U/19 and Open: Bronze & Proficient
Additionally, for States & Aussies:
- Complete a minimum of 16 patrol hours from 1 Jan to 31 Dec in the current season (unless new to the club this season , then the number of hours required is varied and reduced, dependent on when your SRC or Bronze is obtained)
For club championships and trophies, you must complete at least six Sunday morning club swims for the season.
2. Entry Fees
You can pay your entry fees online using the Payment Gateway Online.
The Payment Gateway system is a quick and easy way for you to make any payment by credit card directly to the club.
When paying online, enter “City of Perth” in the “Club or Service” field. Select “Carnival Entry Fee” under “Transaction Type” and ensure that you complete the “Payment Details” field with your name, age group and event you wish to enter – e.g. “Bill Jones, Scarboro Carnival 14 December 2016“. This will facilitate tracking your payment
Once you have paid your entry fee, complete the entry form or if a Nipper advise your Age Manager.
If you are unable to pay online then contact the office to make other arrangements.
3. Notify the club
City of Perth SLSC competitor’s entry deadline with the club is:
- 1 week prior to the official carnival deadline for series events
- 2 weeks prior to the official carnival deadline for senior carnivals and championships
Competition has started – all SENIOR (U14 to Masters) competitors wishing to enter carnivals must contact the following people for information regarding entry process, surf award & competition rosters.
- Ocean events – Tanya Andrew
- Beach events – Chris Murphy
- Boats events – Karthi Zis
- IRB events – Carl Wheeler
- Masters events – Emily Chetwin
- R & R events – Ian Scott
- March Past U14/U15/U17/U19/U21 – Penny Cohen
- First Aid – David Scott
- Pool Rescue & Surfing – Jack Retty
RED Finz City of Perth competition bathers & Cap are required for competition.
Pink competition vest required for water competitors
City of Perth has a long and distinguished history in surf lifesaving competition; not only locally but at a national and international level. As a result our club brand is strong and our Club is well recognised nationally. Looking back at the photos of our World, National and State champions, there is a clear identity of our brand through our bathers. The striking red costumes with ‘City of Perth’ emblazoned across the bum has helped to shape our Club’s identity and culture – as one big team. This is something that the Club really wants to hold onto and so as we move forwards into the pointy end of the competitive season, the Club would like to remind everyone about our bather policy. When competing for City of Perth, the Club requires that you wear the red club bathers available at the Club shop. Not only is this important as it promotes us as one big team; but it also respects the commercial sponsorship agreement that the Club holds with Finz Swimwear. State and National titles are high profile and when you are on the beach, standing on the start line and on the dais, you represent ‘City of Perth SLSC’ and all that we as a club stand for. So on competition day, slip on the red ones and be proud of who you are competing for.